animals and a question

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 01:23:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, William J Schlipf wrote:

> Question:  if you were going to buy a new piano today, list you top five
> prospects and why.

I believe that you asked the wrong question, Bill. You probably should
have asked "What new pianos represent the best value for the dollar?", or
"What pianos would you recommend to a client seeking to buy a new one?",
but you didn't. Instead, you asked "If you were going to buy a new piano
today, list your top five prospects and why." The simple answer is that
I wouldn't spend my OWN money to buy ANY new piano made today, be it a
grand, or an upright. That said, however, I would continue to say that
if I won a million dollar lottery, and receiving the prize money was
contingent upon my buying, keeping and actually having to play SOME new
piano, my choice would unquestionably be a 51" Schimmel upright. The
reasons behind my answer would fill a book.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net