animals and a question

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 06 Dec 1997 14:49:06 -0700

At 06:34 PM 12/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Question:  if you were going to buy a new piano today, list you top five
>prospects and why.     Bill Schlipf    Bloomington, IL

Bill,

	For home, I think I'd go with an SF-10, and tweak the beans outta it.
	For performance, an S&S D would have to be it, but boy, would I have to
sort through a lotta chaff to get to the wheat.
	For the home student level, have you seen BPO's new 248 studio from our
buddy Frank? Whoa.
	Otherwise, I'd have to say that some of the vintage Ibachs and Bush&Gerts
were magic. Just..... magic.
	BTW, no offense to the fine makers in Asia, they just don't have my
favorite kinda sound.

	For all of the above, as has been said, the "why" would fill a book (or
leaflet)

Guy Nichols

"All the water in the world can't sink a ship.......unless it gets on the
inside."

							Ed Foreman