Alberta inhabitants

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 10:48:46 -0600 (CST)

Bob,

The trick here is to get the cold weather to show up early enough in the
year to make it possible for you to get all your well trained customers
tuned before Christmas. I remember (reluctantly) a few years when it was
warm and wet through the first week of December! I don't remember an awful
lot else about the time between then and Christmas except very LONG days, an
AWFUL lot of tuning, and more than a few disappointed folks that I just
didn't have time to get to until mid January. Those folks did everything
right and got burned by the circumstances. Most of them are still speaking
to me, but they tend to schedule early now, whatever the weather, and take
their chances. Such is life in Groucho glasses.

Ron

At 08:44 AM 12/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>James,
>
>In Boston it's called the "Montreal Express".  I have a love/hate
>relationship with it, because while I hate cold weather, it makes my phone
>ring (shortly thereafter) and I can pretty much plan on a lot of extra
>tuning.
>
>I have had some measure of success in making clients aware of this.  Many of
>them make their decision to have the piano tuned, based on how much heat
>they're pouring into the house.
>
>Rob Stuart-Vail

 Ron Nossaman