Perfect Pitch, ET vs. WT, tone color (kinda long-not entirely on subject)

RptBob1 RptBob1@aol.com
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 13:02:59 EST

Greg:

Thanks for taking the time to give me your views on the good and not-so-good
of having perfect pitch.  Being a musician, you know that it's not perfect
pitch that helps you as a performer, but rather relative pitch to all the
other sounds around you that are sounding and your abilities and skill at
being an almost perfect blend with those surrounding sources of sound- be they
at 441 or442 etc.,etc.

The great ensembles which I was connected with had that ability- they sounded
good because they played with ensemble strengths.

With regards,

Bob Bergantino,RPT