pinblock drill size

BSimon1234 BSimon1234@aol.com
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 19:13:36 EST

Philip Jamison wrote;

<<Right now, I'm using the standard-model (and lower-priced) block
from American Piano Supply. I'm planning to use a "G" bit for 2/0 pins
(one size smaller than 7/32"). Anyone have any recommendations?>>

Between  the G drill, .2610", and the 9/32" pin- .2812", there are a dozen
standard sizes of drills.  Any drilling technique should be able to find a
standard drill that works well. A partial list of possibles:
G			.2610"
6.7mm		.2638"
17/64 		.2656"
6.75mm	.2657"
H			.2660
6.8mm		.2677"
6.9mm		.2717"
I			.2720"

Don't forget about the metric drills, they are now readily available.

Bill Simon
Phoenix