Soundboard Thoughts of Marilyn Monroe

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 9 Dec 97 22:01:57 -0000

Danny Moore wrote:

>I also wondered why Andre' replaced the ribs but not the board.  I've rebuilt
>soundboards using the original ribs & board, but I thought if money permitted
>replacement, replace the whole thing.  BTW, I always found it pretty easy
>to get the
>ribs off - compared to getting the board out without tearing it up.

André writes:

Well,
Because the soundboard > is < the character of the instrument. If you replace the soundboard, you do not know in advance what the next character will be like.
So if you have a beautiful sounding soundboard (I  almost wanted to say object, and more, but I am sure I'll get flamed again for profanity because ....) and it is old and has lost its power, you might ask (I mean, you don't have to) what actually is the matter? yes..what's the matter?
The power is lost, that is the matter.
What gives a board power? right! the ribs. So here we have the option to either install a new sounding board, with the possibility of a great succes or<<< a total bummer, or, replace the ribs and<< keep the beautiful character.

What happens afterwards is very interesting... you get back the old character but.......rejuvenated and with astonishing beauty and power and more, just like marilyn monroe but then in 1997.. hey!! baby! wow!!
And that is why I like new ribs although I am << a vegetarian (Adam said while looking at Eve).
Furthermore it is fairly easy to get the old board out without too much damage and glue new ribs onto it.
In Holland we have a funny expression : "Kat in het bakkie".... and it means :
After much hard labor and training we finally succeeded in getting the cat to do its thing on the litter box >> cat on the litterbox>> "kat in't bakkie" get it? you funny Americans!

Now...tell me something interesting and don't be shy..give your Dutch friend some electronic food to chew on! Be nice << and generous!

Friendly greetings from :

CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
André Oorebeek
Amsterdam, the Netherlands