Soundboard Thoughts

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:18:43 -0500

Now some Tec's have been taught that the bat pin is that shape because
of the side pressure and should not be turned to take out side play,
however this is what Erard design it for.

Thank you Barrie.  Having had to learn how to draw an elipse, or an oval
for an engineering drawing I know that the tangent of the oval remains
very closely the same until you have rotated close to 45 degrees.  Hence
I have always turned front rail pins to make minor adjustments in lost
motion.

Also I like new key bushings because they are quiet and last long
because I polish and lubricate the pins.

	Newton