rheodictic vs. arrheodictic

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:18:12 -0800 (PST)

Steven Birkett:
>There is always that rheodictic vs arrheodictic debate that has the
>potential for rearing its head again....

All right, Steven, since you have bested even my favorite dictionary, will
you kindly step in for it? It gets as far as "rheo- A combining form meaning
_current_; used chiefly in Electricity, as in _rheo_stat."

We don't run to unabridged here in the backwoods ...

I take it your use of it has nothing to do with electricity, except perhaps
of the mental variety?

Antares wrote (how _could_ you forget something like this?):

>What happens afterwards is very interesting... you get back the old
character but.......rejuvenated and with astonishing beauty and power and
more, just like marilyn monroe but then in 1997.. hey!! baby! wow!!

André -- more! more! (and who could resist "kat in't bakkie"? Imagine
getting a sluggish Horugel with misaligned parts working right.)

Yours,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I'm glad that there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to
do today."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant