Korean Piano Prepping in one hour

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 14:35:37 EST

Brad and list,

If I had an hour or so to prep (not tune) I would start by checking the keybed
and key frame...sand out groves and wood that shreded and splintered in
shipping.  Correcting a bad hammer line would be another good start.  I think
I would use a little Teflon powder after brass brushing the knuckles and then
correct any major problems in the action...including the bleeding dampers
(generally found at the tenor break to treble strings).  I would check plate
bolts, and seat strings at bearing points, and tighten coils as needed.  If
any time remained...voice ...voice... voice.

Ed Tomlinson
Tomlinson Tuning & Repair

<<
 So, a quick list, if you had an hour, or if you had three hours, or if you
 had a day. Or,
 if you had no choice, but still need to keep the relationship with the
 dealer.