Korean Prepping; Sam's Club

Wallace Scherer WallyTS@CompuServe.COM
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:16:47 -0500

Speaking about prepping Korean pianos,

I was recently thumbing through a Sam's Club catalog and saw that they are
trying to sell pianos now. Only $1999! I guess that's nothing new. Sears
has sold pianos, and so have other large department stores in the past.

I went to the local Sam's club to inquire, and sure enough, there was a
shiny black continental console style piano sitting there. Inside, it
looked just like a Young Chang that my daughter had just bought which came
from their new plant in China. However, the manager said the crate said it
came from Indonesia. Does Young Chang have an Indonesian plant now?

The manager went on to say that if a customer wants one, he has to cart it
home and uncrate it himself. He at least let me display my business card to
offer my services. Maybe he'll even let me tune and prep the store piano
some day. (He'd better let someone do it if he wants to sell any!)

Has anyone else done any work for a Sam's Club "piano department"? If so,
what experiences can you relate?

Wally Scherer
E-mail: WallyTS@compuserve.com
Web page: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/2411
"Old piano tuners never die - they just go beatless."