neck pain and Wanderand

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 07:36:57 +0100

Hello,

Sorry I did not respond to you before, but was night and day working.

I received a picture and an order form from Llyod Meyer today. He sells
a tuning lever - not really cheap ($235) wich seems to be very nice and
handmade (they can do it the way you like it, with different woods,
size, e.t.c.) .

When I first begun to be embarrassed with my neck and back pains, I
heard about tuning balls. At first, I ve found a wooden ball ' 2'
diameter, and adapt it on the shank of my Hale TL. It is very accurate
for tuning verticals, and you could try this with a ball sold by Meyer
Gluzmann, (810 661 4869) $14.95.
You will change totally the way you sit at the piano when you tune
verticals. This system allows me to tune 3 or 4 hours without stop (I've
done yet, but with ear plugs!) and the stress is minimal. As you hold it
in a very different position regarding a regular TL, you may wish to try
it before. For me , it took 3 weeks to be comfortable, but the speed is
much important with that way.

The Wanderwand TL is a very simple TL 1 shaft, a ball, a short tip. It
is light, and fast. I agree the shaft must be hardened, it would be
better, but I use it actually and it is ok. I will buy the Renner TL
when more cash avaible, it seems beautiful and very strong.

Best regards and take care.

Isaac OLEG