Soundboard Thoughts (Kind of long)

Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:37:32 -0800

Oleg Isaac wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does the latex (resin ?) in the wood , hardening with time, have an
> important action on the waves travel, and so, on the sounboard
> efficiency ?

Not that I can tell. There is so much else going on with the wood it would be difficult to isolate one particular factor of
that nature.

> I've read that , may be in Wolfenden.

Wolfenden's book on the subject of piano design and building is certainly better than White's, but it does have to be studied
in the context of the time it was written. Much has been learned about the nature of wood since then.

> Thanks and have a nice day.
>
> (p.s. Del did you do some checks on the Harmonicity ?)
>
> Isaac OLEG

Not yet. It's a busy time of the year.

Regards,

Del