Patents - book

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:26:26 +0000

Isaac,

You  are a mind of information, with regards to books,  do you know if
this book has  been translated to English? I tried to get some of the
other books you have mentioned on the list so far no luck
they are still searching.

I have a couple of questions to ask if you  don't mind.    Have you herd
of the  "Abbe Roussier"  I presume, it is or was a governing body of
music instrument makers in France.   Part of the role, I am led to
believe,  is that they granted licences,  to piano makers around 1777.
If you did not have a licence you could not make pianos. is this
correct. If Correct, do you know when it was founded,  when did it  stop
or is it still in existence.   Or maybe this is  not the name of the
governing body.

Is it true that in France, you have to give a Five year Guarantee for
reconditioned piano. or have I been mislead.

Kind regards

Barrie

In article <3490D982.3A4D@club-internet.fr>, Oleg Isaac <oleg_i@club-
internet.fr> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |