first impression

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:51:29 -0600

Yesterday I tuned my first Boston grand (GP-156 a 5'1")  It was purchased
last December and this was the first time the young lady had it tuned as
the dealer in my area weaseled out of the "no cost tuning" to her.  I found
it -37c low and will be back in 2 weeks for its' next tuning.  The piano
tuned fine and the overall impression I got from tuning it and playing it,
with my limited ability, is how "Korean" it sounded.  It sounded very much
like I have heard Young-Changs sound.  Top C was very soft, mostly knock
which I hope to improve once I get the client comfortable with me.  She had
called me because I had sent some promotional tuning literature at the
beginning of the school year where she teaches.  She is now uncomfortable
with her dealer and was considering a Steinway since they said they would
give her full trade in on the Boston towards the new Steinway but that was
before they gave her the weasel treatment.  That makes 5 Boston verticals
and 1 grand I have tuned.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com