Sam's Club pianos, Glenn C.

Wallace Scherer WallyTS@CompuServe.COM
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 16:01:41 -0500

Glenn, and others interested,

Yes, the pianos at Sam's Club here are also marked "Conover-Cable". But
they're still Asian produced, and, as I stated originally, the crate is
stamped "Made in Indonesia". The plate is identical in its molding style to
the Young Chang consoles I have seen. No doubt several Asian companies buy
their plates from the same foundry.

Does anyone know which piano manufacturers have plants in Indonesia?

The manager here let me put my business cards on top of the piano. Each
time I have gone back they were all gone; I replaced them. Have gone
through over 75 now, but no calls. If they feel the touch of and hear the
sound of the display piano and think that I tuned and regulated it, they
will never call me. Nor will they ever buy it. I really do need to visit
the manager again and try to sell him on the need for "dealer prep". It
would be better to pay me $150 than to knock the price down $500.

Will keep you posted.

Wally Scherer, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
E-mail: WallyTS@compuserve.com
Web page: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/2411
"Speak to strangers - all your friends once were!"