Stupid Question

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 00:29:31 -0600

List,

How long is a Steinway "S"?????  For some reason, I thought they were
5"1", but today I was measuring the bass string scale and decided to
measure the whole piano and got 5' 3 1/2".  There was not the usual
model designation stenciled on the plate, nor was the serial no. on the
plate.  Is it even an S? - perhaps it's an A.  (I just jumped to that
conclusion because it was to small to be an M.)  Pierce says it was
built in 1923.

Thanks in advance for solving this minor puzzle.

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter