Superglue on grand hammers

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 07:40:40 -0600

Again, don't forget- this is a 1920's piano in need of new hammers shanks
and flanges in the next couple of years.  (look at the original post) I was
just in need of reducing my call-backs 'till then.  I was trying to prolong
the life of the action (as-is) for a good player who uses this instrument a
lot. I charged for lots of other work and did not feel that I should sell a
complete hammer hanging job on old verdigris/worn hammers. I agree that you
should use appropriate glues and would be afraid to try hanging hammers
with CA.  I use hide glue for that.  But I do feel sorry for the tech in
2030 that has to take apart my epoxied bridges!
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net