new one/powder post beetles

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 22:27:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Rob Stuart-Vail wrote:

> Guy,

> beetle
> >a few years ago. Although I think Mr. Grebe's client owns a basket case,
> >you may want to know that the entomology dept. here at NMSU proclaimed them
> >"bulletproof" to almost everything except a nasty pesticide called
> >"lindane"(not sure of spelling).<<
>
> Lindane and another one, Malathion, were very popular in the late 1950's,
> but I think they are evironmentally incorrect now.
>
> Rob

In the absence of powerful-enough, environmantally-safe chamicals to
deal with the bugs, one might consider putting out a plate of my
aging mother's Christmas cookies for them. They almost killed ME last
year. No kidding! (On second thought, the post office probably won't
allow such toxic substances sent through the mail).

Les Smith