Last minute calls(OFF TOPIC)

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 08:08:01 -0500 (EST)

At 07:53 AM 12/19/97 -0600, Lance Lafargue wrote:
>Is there a tech within flying distance of Louisiana that would take care of
>all of these last second "I need my piano tuned before Christmas" calls.

..<snip>

..i'm working today on one of those calls..woman called me..*I have a piano
that I want tuned for my Xmas Party on Saturday( today )..the original call
came in 3 weeks ago..so I scheduled her for this past Thursday..she admitted
over the phone that her piano hasn't been tuned in over 20 years and it has
been moved twice..so I prepared her for the good possibility that her piano
wil probably need to be pitch-corrected..

..I get there Thursday, and the first thing I do is play A4..it's every bit
Aflat instead of A..i confirmed with the SAT..-122.4....*yes maam, it will
need to be pitch-corrected*..

..then she says to me..*Mr.Bondi, a couple of these notes do not repond.
Could you check them out for me*..sure enough, the hammers are real sluggish
on return..I open it up to find it _missing_ its bridal strap..and upon
further investigation, found 23 more broken ones..

..needless to say, it will NOT be a fun day today..

..and I'll go on record as saying this..why are alot of these calls that I'm
receiving, these last-minute-I-need-it-done-yesterday calls involve Baldwin
Acrosonics..?