new one reply

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 11:40:06 -0800 (PST)

At 10:34 AM 12/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 02:36 AM 12/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>Er, James, just how big would you say these bugs are?
>>
>>Danny Moore
>
>Danny,
>
>	Ours were smaller than a grain of small brown rice. They were dark in
>color. You never really see the bugs... you'd see the powder under the
>entry holes or when you moved the wounded wood. They would leave the
>exterior almost un-touched, while munching up the inside. Entry holes were
>very small, pencil lead diameter at the max.
>
>Guy

May a kindly Providence preserve us and our pianos from beasties that munch.
Since these little piano-assassins seem to be a tropical problem, would
putting the affected wood in a deep-freeze get rid of them? For a piano, a
public meat-locker might be required. The "frozen piano" thread revisited!

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"I'm glad that there are at least some things somewhere that I don't have to
do today."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant