no name six legged spinet

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 17:22:38 -0700

List,

	Looking for a name, and other opinions, on a miniature grand. All identity
is obliterated from prior refinishing and/or water damage.

	Here's the basic stuff:

		4' 5" from front of keybed to tail of rim. Lid overhang might be all of
1/2" if the lid was attached.

		Plate surface coat is HIGHLY textured, in a crinkly kinda way, like some
of the old....Winters? Hallet-Davis? I know I've seen that texture before.
Plate ALSO goes all the way around the rim, no open area west of the bass
wires. Small sound-ports, and not more than 3/4" from bottom of plate to
the board in the area around the ports. No aggraffes. Four section. Pretty
heavy looking plate, all things considered.

		Six skinny little legs, in three pairs. No ex-player, though. Music desk
and rest assembly doesn't slide.... actually can pivot up from the front,
on two little 'L' brackets mounted at the rear corners. Wrest plank is as
tall as the fallboard, and holds the pivots for the fall. Has to be
unscrewed from the plate in order to remove the assembly, before pulling
cheek blocks, etc.

	Action appears to be a regular compressed action, with a slightly odd rep
lever. (short of the rest rail) Regulation would be kinda ......tough.

Ring any bells???????????

	The customer is considering enhancement or replacement. It needs hammers,
dampers, re-whatever of the keytops (non-regulatable prior replacement),
bass wires (at least), minor bridge repairs, various cabinet repairs (lid
and legs and lyre), and there are anxious buzzes from lots of sources.
Almost at pitch.  Otherwise it's terrific! :^)>

 	Thanks in advance for any input. The customer may drop by Sunday
afternoon, and would be thrilled if we came up with a name.

Guy Nichols, Member, PTG