Last minute calls(OFF TOPIC)

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 20:03:39 -0500 (EST)

>Don't lie to the List, Phil. It's going to be a GREAT day when you hand
>her the bill for the pitch-raise, tuning and bridle strap replacement
>and she pays you in cash!

..are you one of those 1-900-Psychics??..that's exactly what she did..!!

>Two reasons: First, most Acrosonic owners try to keep their instruments in
>top condition by having them tuned at least once a decade, whether they
>need it, or not. Secondly, owners know from past experience that even with
>this kind of "over-and-above" maintenance, the only way they can get
>anyone to listen to them play is by filling their audience with PLENTY
>of "Holiday cheer". first. Hence the once-every-decade tuning calls for
>Acrosonics ALWAYS come right at Christmas or New Years.
>
>As to why they ask you to tune on the day of the party,  instead of  a
>week, or two earlier, that's an easy one, too. They know that the last
>time they gave their Acrosonic that required, once-every-decade tuning,
>it didn't last anywhere NEAR a whole week! :)
>
>Where else but Pianotech could you find valuable information like the
>above?!

..NO WHERE!..thanks for letting me bust a gut from a long day, Les..you
never fail!..

..Guy Nichols..this woman was far from you typical South Florida
Blue-hair..but the calls I will responding to on Mon. and Tues. have
knitting needle tea-drinkers written all over the schedule!..

..i don't mean to sound prejudicial..I find it more amusing than
anything..It's just something else about this business that keeps me wanting
to get up in the morning...