Plate felts !!

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 10:55:03 -0500

Hi Jim, hire yew?

I brush on liquid hide glue and let it get tacky. For felt which needs to
be moulded over a pressure ridge on the play-it, I 'paint' both surfaces
and hold the edges down with masking tape.

A little trick to use on the tape to reduce the chances of lifting finish
or felt is to stick it to cloth first. Either a moving pad or your clothing
will reduce the adhesivion so removal is easier.

For tape on case parts, another trick is to heat the tape with a hair dryer
as you lift it to soften the adhesive. Anyone who has lifted finish knows
the benefit of this method and will preshaydit.

Jon
Glossary to be found here:
http://ua1ix.ua.edu/~crispen/word.html