Plate felts !!

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 08:11:30 -0800

JIMRPT wrote:

> Hi Y'all-how you?
>   Question about plate felts and gluing same to plate;  What do you use for
> this?
>  I have tried numerous methods/glues over the years and am not really happy
> with any of them.  Am I missing something that is well known to everyone but
> me ?:-)
>   What method/glue do you use ?
> Jim Bryant (FL)

What? You've not tried CA -- with accelerator? For shame, and you a recently converted groupie...

Well, if you're not going to be stubborn and resist using the wonderful one size fits all super bonding elixir, what about
melamine? Similar to pvc-e, but faster and tackier.

If I had my preference, I'd design all of the plate felts out of the system. With the exception of some occasional stringing
braid, none of it should really be necessary.

-- ddf