Titebond PVA

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 19:36:18 -0600 (CST)

Hi Kent,

You mean people READ this stuff??!!

PVA = Polyvinyl Acetate. It's that milky clear very (not super) hard glue
found in the form of GIANT glue collars on Asian pianos. It's thick, quick
tack, minimal run and sag (which is why the aforementioned GIANT collars
aren't in the hammer tail coves <G>), water clean up, air dry, reasonably
high strength, general purpose wood and felt glue. Pretty nifty stuff. I
haven't tasted it, so I can't offer any recipes just yet, but I like it for
quickie (not super quick) repairs. Check the archives for another two
thousand or so words to similar effect. Any PVA groupies out there with
anything to add?

PS: I still miss you at the Guild meetings. The diversity of the arguments,
er, discussions  has suffered since you moved North. Also, with no one to
stick up for me, I have no credibility at all anymore. %-)

>Hi Ron,
>
>It has been a genuine pleasure to read your stuff on pianotech of late.
>Do you suppose, for the benefit of the ignorant ones out here like me,
>you could post to the list what PVA glue is, and its appropriate
>applications in pianos?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Happy Holidays,
>
>Kent