Last minute calls(OFF TOPIC)

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 22:40:41 EST

<< i'm working today on one of those calls..woman called me..*I have a piano
 that I want tuned for my Xmas Party on Saturday( today )..the original call
 came in 3 weeks ago..so I scheduled her for this past Thursday..she admitted
 over the phone that her piano hasn't been tuned in over 20 years and it has
 been moved twice..so I prepared her for the good possibility that her piano
 wil probably need to be pitch-corrected..

 ...I get there Thursday, and the first thing I do is play A4..it's every bit
 Aflat instead of A..i confirmed with the SAT..-122.4....*yes maam, it will
 need to be pitch-corrected*..

 ...then she says to me..*Mr.Bondi, a couple of these notes do not repond.
 Could you check them out for me*..sure enough, the hammers are real sluggish
 on return..I open it up to find it _missing_ its bridal strap..and upon
 further investigation, found 23 more broken ones..

 ...needless to say, it will NOT be a fun day today..

 ...and I'll go on record as saying this..why are alot of these calls that I'm
 receiving, these last-minute-I-need-it-done-yesterday calls involve Baldwin
 Acrosonics..?

Working six days a week, I am booked through Dec. 23rd and with company on
Christmas, that is it for "before Christmas tunings."  Last Saturday my wife
took a call while I was working and a lady said she needed a tuning, a couple
hammers replaced, 3-4 strings broken, and must be done before Christmas!  She
said, you looking at about $150-200 of work and  taking about 1/2 day.  When
can you do it?  About the 2nd week in January. Click!

Today she received at least a dozen calls to get the piano tuned before
Christmas!

Isn't it nice to know we are popular?

Food for thought.  Merry Christmas!

Dave Peake, RPT