Highest pitch correction

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 13:54:16 EST

<<
 Does you mean that on an ordinary PSO that requires a major pitch change,
 you will pitch raise with one pass and then leave?
 Why not justify an increased fee by doing a very quick pitch raise to get
 in the ballpark and then fine tune with a second pass, thereby leaving the
 PSO with the best that it could possibly sound? Doing it this way, I think,
 will render a much better completed tuning than just doing 1 pass. If I
 misunderstood your post, please forgive me.

 I am anxious to discuss this as I know that 10 different tuners handle this
 problem 10 different ways.

 Howard S. Rosen, RPT
 Boynton Beach, Florida

 Howard,

Most pianos that I tune, if they need a pitch raise, I highly recommend it,
unless I suspect that strings will break, separation at the bearing points,
etc.  I usually pitch raise and fine tune during the same appointment, unless
it is 1/2 step or more low.  If that is the case, I tune about 2-3 times, the
first just up to pitch using my ACT, then tune above pitch using the built in
pitch raise on the ACT, then another if necessary. I will return in a month to
do a fine tune.

I find that most pianos will get a solid tuning that way.

Food for thought.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR