What is "Flagpoling?"

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:14:20 -0700

At 05:35 AM 12/30/97 -0700, you wrote: MAJOR SNIPS
>that, after the pin has been set, the learning tuner should tap the top of
>the pin
>	I have never experimented with this approach but it sounds like a
>valuable technique for beginning tuners.
	Ken Burton

>On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, THEOFONE wrote:
>> for Ken Burton
>>                     an easy way to correct this"flagpoling" is to tap
the top
>> of the tuning pin
Theodore Mamel

Ken, Theodore,
	Well, another list idea hits the field, and it was sorta fun! Don't really
consider myself a beginner, yet the funky old spinet with the weird pins
yesterday responded well to a light tap as a setting technique! This was
one of those where the pressure bar and neighbor pins made it tough to
really get a grip on the bottom row, and certain setting techniques
interfered with other pins. Frustrating. But,(and time will tell), on a few
of those puppies I eased my lever off without messing up the neighbor, and
just gave a very light tap to the end of the pin. Set right down. Cool. Way
cool.

Thanks, Way thanks.

Guy