Ivory Key Tops

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 16:06:32 EST

<< When I replace missing or broken ivorys in the future, what should I
 charge for ivory keytop replacements??  After all, the real thing is pretty
 rare, and getting rarer.  If the client insists on ivory, the cost should
 be commensurate (sp?), yes??  What do you think?

 Ed

 Ed Carwithen
 Oregon >>

Ed:

My dad gave me a large selection of ivory tops, and I bought a bunch from an
old timer going out of business. I sell them for $5.00 per top, plus $7.50 for
glueing them on, total of $12.50.   I  limit my customers to 6 or 7 per piano.
After that I encourage them to replace the ivory keytops with plastic.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis