statistics

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 17:24:05 -0600

	I came in this afternoon and laid all out on the old number cruncher.
Compared to 1996, I earned ( and collected, which is almost more important
than earning it) $296.86 more than in 1986.  That comes out to an increase
of earning of .995% increase. I am not sure of what the inflation rate for
this year will be but it looks like I did not fare really well, at least as
well as I thought I should, in spite of the fact I raised prices twice and
sold more of my benches than the year before.  On the other hand,  I was
busy every day I cared to be and I would not trade any other profession for
my own.  I spent more time in the shop and have become more particular in
the jobs I take( no after hours or Sunday concert tunings).  I have enjoyed
my work more because of the creativity the woodworking has given me and
pride in my work because people will actually purchase these things I build
that I guaranty for the length of my life.
	Strangely enough, December was the largest income month and I spent less
on gasoline than any other month.
	As the time creeps toward the passing hour of 12 I wish you all a Happy,
safe, and prosperous New Year and thank you all for what I have learned
from you all and shared on this forum, my first year on the "Net".

James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"I am a better tuner now than  ever  before"