Reajusting pitch on a SAT page

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Sat, 01 Feb 1997 18:27:55 -0500 (EST)

Michel,
Do take Jim Sr.'s advise. It works. To give you an example, I learned
yesterday that I need to have our Hamburg D at 442 for a concerto Monday
night. I just offset the SAT  +8.0, them went to the page for this instrument
and tuned using Jim's each string method. Much, much easier than off-setting
each note. (I think the instructions Jim gave you for off-setting are also in
the SAT manual.)

Since I had to be there today anyway, I checked the tuning and the piano was
almost stable at 442, just a few unisions needed touching up. Monday will be
a piece of cake. Tuesday, I will reverse the process, not -8.0 just a regular
pitch lower. Two tunings and it will be stable at 440 again. Gee, I love my
SAT.

Gina Carter
ps Yes, I charge extra for both taking it up to 442 and for returning it to
440.