Steinway Wippens

Donald E. Mannino DonMannino@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 01 Feb 1997 20:23:12 -0800

Avery,

Renner has had replacement Steinway wippens with a regulating screw on =
the repetition spring  available for about 7 years now. They still are a =
butterfly style spring, though. It is called a Herz spring, as I recall.

If this piano really does not have a butterfly spring, then you have a =
real odd one there.

Don Mannino RPT

   I just discovered today that our rebuilt Steinway B has a wippen =
without
the butterfly repetition spring. It has a screw adjustment for the
repetition. Is this something new?
   I wasn't aware there was one of this type available. Sure was nice
adjusting the repetition that way, though. :-)

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston