S&S retro/fit

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 17:32:50 -0500 (EST)

Mark;
 With the new information you have given us that probably was not done by
S&S. They never would have kept the old backchecks  and the spacing on their
keyframes is very very good. Probably a retrofit by someone else.
  Vedigris is an indication of some petroleum based product having been used
at some time in the past I don't think that it would have been caused by
silicone.  Obviously this is one of those situations where silicone, or any
lubricant, is not apropiate period.
Usual scenario on teflon bushings (first step)-a. bushings rattle (second
step)-b. bushings repinned with wrong pins and/or too tightly, to stop the
rattling (third step)-c. bushings not rattling but action heavy/sluggish
(fourth step)-d. lubricate action centers to solve sluggishness problem
(fifth step)-e. customer calls Mark or another technician and says this
really feels heavy and nonresponsive to me. Can we (when this is said you are
in trouble) do anything about it??? Steps have no set time frame but they are
usually all present !
  Do the best you can and remember for future reference.
Jim Bryant (FL)