Listserv/digests

FSSturm@aol.com FSSturm@aol.com
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 18:31:29 -0500 (EST)

When I first subscribed to Pianotech, and requested (commanded) that it be
sent in digest form (SET PIANOTECH MAIL DIGEST), digests were created and
sent one per day, and were numbered consecutively by day (Jan.1 was 1, Dec.
31 was 365), with a restart each Jan 1. For the last few months, there have
been two or more digests per day, and the numbers haven't reset to one after
Jan.1. Is there a reason for the change? Formerly they were sent as attached
files, and the present system sends each as a message. My preference would be
for the file format, one per day.

I have also noticed an inconsistency in the way individual messages in digest
format are formatted. Usually each message has a header with Subject, Name of
Sender, and other information, but fairly often these are missing, so that
messages appear one after another without separation.

Is it just me and my AOL account, or are these phenomena system wide? Anyone
else find these things problematic?

Fred Sturm,
Albuquerque