Reajusting pitch question

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 18:21:57 -0700 (MST)

Hi Again Michel:

I'm sorry I didn't understand your original question completely and
accurately.

You are correct in assuming that the pitch raise facility is based on
the A440 as calculated by FAC, and not some additional tweaking set to
correct the fundamental to A440..

The small amount of difference in setting the pitch correction before
doing a pitch raise is something else.  The amount is really small
stuff in comparison to a pitch raise, but if one wanted to be more
precise, one could add in an additional amount to the pitch raise
amount, but then, pitch raising is not nearly as precise as our fine
tunings, so it's rather academic.

My advice is still to store the numbers normally from the FAC calcs.
Then, you can make future decisions about the pitch to which you wish
to tune.  Suppose you had a request to tune to 435 one time and then
to 443 another time.  It would be better to have the ORIGINAL tuning
in your page of memory and then at Fine Tuning to tweak it with the
offset.

However, if you wished to PITCH RAISE to the pitch of A435, or
A442, that gets a little more complicated.  If this is your question,
then inquire again.

Jim Coleman, Sr.