Hyundai pianos

Lee Sankey LSankey@swbell.net
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 13:10:43 -0600

------------608A457072E00

Dear Willem,

I had sent information below to what I thought was your personal  email
address. I am unable to tell if in fact you received it so I will  try
sending it through pianotech.

I am given to understand that the Hyundai piano is manufactured by
Samick. The local dealer in San Antonio told me that even though Samick
is in re-organization following their bankruptcy that Hyundai is keeping
them alive with their orders.

I once worked for Samick and later Young Chang and visited Korea very
frequently. Hyundai is a very large corporation that manufactures
automobiles, ships etc.  The Hyundai pianos that I have serviced seem to
be a good value but the share the same problems as any Korean built
piano. The treble of most of their grands are very clear and have a nice
long sustain time. The climate of South Korea is very humid overall and
is even worse certain times of the year. During the rainy season it  is
often 100 degrees and 100% humidity.  Twenty and thirty degrees below
zero is not uncommon during the winter and the humidity drops
dramactically. The factory is located near Inchon which is a seaport on
the western coast of Korea and is just south of the Hon river valley a
very wide river similar to the Ohio river. Quality control remains a
constant problem with an unstable labor force.

Contact if you have further questions.

Lee Sankey  LSankey@swbell.net

------------608A457072E00

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Dear Willem,</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I had sent information below to what I thought was your personal&nbsp;
email address. I am unable to tell if in fact you received it so I will&nbsp;
try sending it through pianotech.&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I am given to understand that the Hyundai piano is manufactured by
Samick. The local dealer in San Antonio told me that even though Samick
is in re-organization following their bankruptcy that Hyundai is keeping
them alive with their orders.&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I once worked for Samick and later Young Chang and visited Korea very
frequently. Hyundai is a very large corporation that manufactures automobiles,
ships etc.&nbsp; The Hyundai pianos that I have serviced seem to be a good
value but the share the same problems as any Korean built piano. The treble
of most of their grands are very clear and have a nice long sustain time.
The climate of South Korea is very humid overall and is even worse certain
times of the year. During the rainy season it&nbsp; is often 100 degrees
and 100% humidity.&nbsp; Twenty and thirty degrees below zero is not uncommon
during the winter and the humidity drops dramactically. The factory is
located near Inchon which is a seaport on the western coast of Korea and
is just south of the Hon river valley a very wide river similar to the
Ohio river. Quality control remains a constant problem with an unstable
labor force.&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Contact if you have further questions.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Lee Sankey&nbsp; LSankey@swbell.net&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>