Drop Action Removal

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 13:35:44 -0500

     Dear List,

     What is the most efficient method to remove drop actions?

     I have used a chinese jump rope, weaving it in and out, to hold the
     drop stickers up.  I've also tried coat hangers, strategically bent to
     hold up the drop stickers.  But my methods seem to take too much time.

     I've noticed a gizmo sold through APSCO that one permanently attaches
     to the front of the hammer rest rail, but I hesitate gluing or
     attaching "things" to my clients pianos - and does this thing really
     work?

     If anyone has the answer, I'd love to hear it.

     Thanks!

     John Piesik, RPT
     Piesik's Piano Service
     Carlsbad, CA