Perfect fifths temperament (was Perfect Tuning)

Mon, 03 Feb 1997 18:44:44 -0800

Jim,

You also get to discover what the comma of Pythagoras is all about...

Horace

At 02:25 PM 2/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>The only problem with the J. Cree Fischer method is that you have to
>tune all 12 notes along with their connecting octaves before you find
>out if it's going to come out all right.  You've got 12 chances for
>small errors which can become cumulative, and then WHAMO!, you've got
>to start over again.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.

Horace Greeley

"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history"

			- George Bernard Shaw

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu
voice mail: 415.725.9062