Drop Action Removal

Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com Arnold.Schmidt@BBS.delta.com
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 00:28:58 -0400 (EDT)

 When I was in school at the Piano Hospital, we were issued a bungy cord
for this purpose.  It is a  long, elasticized cord with four metal hooks
on it.  I first remove the keys (make sure they are numbered and that
you know where you are going to put them before you start removing
them), and then attach one hook of this cord to the bass action bracket,
the hook on the other end to the treble action bracket, and the two
hooks in the middle usually to the two middle action brackets, or, at
least, to somewhere on the action.  I have never had a problem getting
one out or in, except when I hit a damper on something I wasnot supposed
to hit (operator error.)  For the Acrosonic actions, we were given four
old damper blocks which we attached to the pins sticking out of the top
of those stickers to make "ten thousand per cent" sure that rail doesn't
come off, then use the above method.