Steinway Wippens

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 21:43:48 +0000

Hi Avvery,

The  problem you will find with these wippens they tend to de-regulate
themselves after a humidity change, like all screws the up and down
changes of humidity tends to move the screw.  some times you can go back
to a piano and think who the hells been messing with this.

This is what tends to happen with the Herberger Brooks action but it is
nice just to turn a screw.  Incidentally the new Herberger Brooks action
has switched over to the butterfly spring.

Regards,

Barrie.

In article <v01530501af1981bd36bc@[129.7.16.239]>, Avery Todd
<atodd@UH.EDU> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |