Board of Education Pains

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 22:18:00 +0000

O' Jim, that's another illusion shattered, I all ways thought that
America was the land of free enterprise and market forces.

We used to have a simmilar problem here the Schools in some areas were
given to the Blind Socieities and no matter how little you offered to do
them there was no way you were going to get in there, unless you poked
your eyes out of course :-).

Things changed,  Local Schools Management came in.  Each individual
School has a maintainence budget,   this means they can get whatever
tuner they like.  From a personal experience I thought this was a good
idea,  I now have forty Schools on my books where as five years ago I
had none.  However, a lot of the Schools are not bothering to have ther
pianos tuned at all.  This saddens me very much... as some of these
pianos have not been tuned for five years.

There are exceptions to LSM, Birmingha,m parts of London, Surrey and
Bristol are all controlled by the Home Workers Scheme.   Which dishes
out the tunings to the local Visually impaired piano tuners.

You may be lucky,  the Gentleman who has the round may be ready for
retiring.  So keep knocking on the door,  one day they may let you in.

Kind regards,

Barrie.

In article <32F7898F.6169@abraxis.com>, james allen bickerton
<jbickerton@abraxis.com> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |