nail polish

Donald E. Mannino DonMannino@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 22:30:59 -0800

Richard,

Do not use nail polish remover. It will dissolve the keytops.

If the nail polish has merely transferred from someone's fingernails (as =
opposed to a spill), you can polish it off using automotive cleaner wax =
and a soft cloth. Turtle wax or a similar wax with mild abrasives works =
great.

Don Mannino RPT

>>A fellow technician asked me how to remove nail polish from plastic =
piano
keys.  I've never had to deal with this problem so I told  him I'd throw =
the
topic out to the internet hyenas and let them chew on it awhile.  Any =
ideas?

Richard West
University of Nebraska<<