Thin bushing cloth?

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Fri, 07 Feb 1997 15:53:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, rlang wrote:

> I need to take the wobble out of some old piano keys so I was going to
> replace the front key bushing cloth.  I ordered the thinest available from
> IPS (.038" thick).  This appears to be way too thick.  I think I need about
> 0.019".  Does anyone know of a supplier of such thin bushing cloth? What
> about using paper or vellum for the key bushing?
>
> Bob L.

Need more information.  What kind of piano (brand/model), what age?  What
size are the keypins?  What's the size of the mortise (side-to-side, not
front-to-back)?  The thinnest bushing cloth I've seen was from Pianotek --
right around .035" and I think that was a fluke.  What was the size of the
bushing cloth you are replacing?

And what the heck is IPS???

			     Ron Torrella, RPT
			Assistant Piano Technician