Perfect tuning

Östen Häggmark haggmark@mailbox.calypso.net
Fri, 07 Feb 1997 22:10:30 +0100

Gina wrote:
>PS I just read Horace's (see note below) reply to your question. It=
 reminded
>me, not unfavorably, of how much of an apprentice I will always be.=
 Learning
>is such a wonderful experience. Thank you Horace and List.
>
>(Note) to read, Horace's first reponse. His second reply much more clearly
>explains what I attempted to say above.
>
>Gina Carter

Dear Gina, Horace,

Yes, learning is wonderful, and I have learned a lot in the last months.
I'd like to add my own thanks to yours, Gina.

Horace, am I right in thinking that what you mean is not simply the
questions of studying the literature before tuning, but that you would like
to see a more subjective approach to the art of piano work as a whole?

>Thanks to Don Rose, I can now do most of the ASCII things, except, of
>course, for the capital "=F6".  We'll keep trying.

I'm of course flattered you're taking the trouble, but it isn't really
necessary. I have a button on my keyboard for the letter so I use it, but
"Osten" is perfectly allright with me, even though it means "the Cheese" in
Swedish. :-)

Have a good day or night or what you are having over there!

=D6sten
Stockholm, Sweden