Hammer strike point

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 09 Feb 1997 09:16:50 -0800

Dear list,

I just got an action from a small grand into the shop with a set of
hammers which I understand were installed by a visually impaired tuner!
The heads are installed in a very haphazard manner, to say the least!
My question is: how do I check to see if he even got the strike point
right?  I did this several years back, but I've misplaced my notes.  I
seem to recall that it was 1/7th of the speaking length below the
V-bar.  Is this correct and does it hold throughout the scale?  Any help
will be greatly appreaciated.

Warren
--
Warren D. Fisher