Baldwin Acrosonic

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:11:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi Ted:

Back in the early 70's when I worked for Baldwin, a decision was made
to promote the name Baldwin more, to make that name central. So, they
moved the name acrosonic over to the right end of the fallboard and
placed the name Baldwin in the center.  Some dealers complained because
they had invested a lot of time and advertising promoting the name
Acrosonic, but the name is still there, it's just not central. Another
reason for Baldwin's decision at the time was that competitors were
claiming that an Acrosonic was not a first line Baldwin product, but
was of lesser quality and that is why they didn't put the name Baldwin
in front.  Well, the Acrosonic WAS the mainline small piano of Baldwin
and so the Co. tho't they ought to say so.  That's the story in a nut-
shell.

Jim Coleman, Sr.