brass ??'s

Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:51:52 -0800

List,

This overall subject has come up several times.

I join Jim is asking someone knowledgable to write some ponderous tome to
help us out.

Best.

Horace

At 03:40 PM 2/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>List;
>  I was asked this question and because I don't feel competent to answer it
>thought I would post it so that someone who knows what they are talking about
>will answer it. I have included the question and my response.
>-----------
>
>  "2. How did you reanneal the agraffes? Could hitting them with a propane
>     torch do the trick?"
>I used a propane torch, but the color the brass turns while heated plays a
>role.
> I feel confident enough to do a set myself but I am going to post a question
>to the list re; reannealing and see if someone more competent will chime in
>with the correct procedure. (If there is no indication of cracking or
>splitting this procedure is probably unneeded.)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Horace Greeley

"People forget that it is the little acts of every day that make or
	unmake character."

		 - Oscar Wilde

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu