FREE FALLING FALLBOARD

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 22:35:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> >>1. I was not aware that Kimball made a slow falling fall board. I thought
> >>only Yamaha had one of those.
> >Avery Todd, RPT
> Will someone else settle this debate?
>
> Wim

Sure thing.  The prior tech must've busted the string the customer
cleverly attached to a pocket weight in the window that the piano sits
under.  <chortle>  Probably did it as he stormed outta the room after the
Mister (Missez?) refused to pay the bill.

On the other hand, I'm reminded of a response once uttered by the
venerable Owen Jorgensen upon being asked what one should do should a
customer refuse to pay the bill.  After musing for a second, he replied,
"Well, I suppose you could put a long piece of wood under the keys, on the
keyframe, to prevent the keys from playing until they paid up.  Kinda like
a mechanic's lein."  I remember the smile he gave, proud of himself for
having thought up something so quickly.  What a guy.

			     Ron Torrella, RPT
			Assistant Piano Technician
			  University of Michigan
			      School of Music