stuff

Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:59:48 -0600 (CST)

Hi List!,

Re: Danny Moore's questioning of Mehlin idiotsyncracies.

I've not seen a 9' beasty, but the 6'4" ones I've seen (from teens)
have been, shall we say, unique.

Soundboard not only has portion cut out at tail, but drains well.
The s/b slants down away from the keyboard so that the bass bridge is
about 6" high and, yes, it has lightening holes in it which make it
look more like a trestle.

The action is firmly screwed to the keybed since it doesn't shift, rather
raises hammers like an upright - no sostenudo either - bass damper is the
center pedal function.

Fallboard slants back at about 45 degrees - longer piano w/o longer
scale!

After rescaling, new pinblock and hammers, is fine, and is found,
 in a voice teacher's studio.

enjoy!
--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     | hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College             | (319)-387-1204