spinet repitition problems

Wallace F. Wilson (WV) UniversityofCharleston
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:07:25 -0500 (EST)

Eliot & all,

        Please pardon me for a couple assumptions which I read in my note to
you *after* I had sent it.  Ah, hindsight!   I assumed you were not a PTG
member.  I think you'll get help either way -- from your questions I should
have concluded only that you *may* not know how to remove the action easily.
I also missed that it's for a rest home -- picked that up in Horace's note.
I think Horace has some really good thoughts on the matter.  If it's center
pins causing the lack of repitition, you could put in a lot of work
(volunteer, of course) and still not have a nice instrument to show.  If you
have some time, it's a low-pressure opportunity to practice some skills.
Only you can make that determination as to whether you want to and if the
piano's worth it.  Best of luck, & keep us informed.
Wally Wilson